Re: [LARTC] Cant restrict netmeeting traffic

Hi Joel,

> From 3 days i m trying to restrict Netmeeting traffic.
>
> I have restricted the bandwidth to 30kbit per ip. but the machine with
> netmeeting. means when we use netmeeting the traffic goes very high to
> 450. all others things are not taking more than 35 traffic but when
> using netmeeting it shows 450 upload traffic. what can i do to
> restrict this type of traffic.
> netmeeting using h323 protocol some like that protocol
> can any one suggest me how to restrict it.

i guess your best bet is to use a GateKeeper to make NM use only a small
band of RTP (UDP) ports.. you can define the RTP ports in the
gatekeeper.ini and then shape them to your desired speed.
The Linux equivalent of NM, GnomeMeeting has already the small RTP-range
builting by default, so you could also use that, if you have the option
to use Linux as workstation.

it'll be a bit of work to get your gatekeeper (for win there's a DUAL
gatekeeper iirc) up and running, but that's your best bet.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian