[LARTC] u32 offsets--only in multiples of 4??(redhat 9.0)

I'm using Redhat 9.0 and found that nomatter what I put in for the
offset in a u32 filter, the command will be accepted as entered, but
when I do:
tc filter show dev {interface}

my rules typed in are changed so if I create a filter:
{u32 stuff} at 13

I get from tc filter show dev {interface}:
{filter yada yada}
	match {xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx} at 12

Is this one of those "undocumented features"? Anyone else have this
problem?

Also,the whole reason I'm writing these filters is to to traffic shaping
by mac address. As was listed other times on this list, offset -14 is
where the destination address is located at. You may see my problem. I
can filter for the last four bits at -12 with a u32 filter--and that
part works great, but when I try a u16 at -14, I run into my problem.

Any advise would be appreciated.