[LARTC] doubt about Load Balancing

Hello

	In the LARCT how-to subitem:  4.2.2. Load balancing the following phrase
says:

""	Instead of choosing one of the two providers as your default route, you
now set up the default route to be a multipath route. In the default kernel
this will balance routes over the two providers. It is done as follows (once
more building on the example in the section on split-access):

	    ip route add default scope global nexthop via $P1 dev $IF1 weight 1 \
	    nexthop via $P2 dev $IF2 weight 1 ""

What does it mean? It will split the traffic? Eg. some traffic goes through
provider1 and some through provider2 ??

Or if provider1 goes down then the packet will go through provider2?

I am asking it because I want to create an alternate default gateway when my
ADSL link had down.

Do you suggest any other solution?

Thanks!

Leonardo Borda
Netwall Tecnologia e Projetos - http://www.netwall.com.br
Fone/Fax: +55 51 3235.2868
Celular:  +55 51 9914.3039
mailto:borda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

				/**  Parceria Netwall: Os Clientes evoluem em qualidade tecnológica. A
Netwall evolui em conhecimento.  **/
						/**  Conheça a Netwall Tecnologia em:
http://www.netwall.com.br/netwall.htm  **/

---