Re: [LARTC] HOW TO COMBINE 2 DSL LINES IN THE SAME COMPUTER

> I have 2 DSL lines on the same computer that gives me 2 different IP
>
> addresses on different subnets.
>
> 2M/256K: PPPoA
> 1M/256K: Classical IP over ATM
>
> How can I combine them (1M line and 2M line) together so that I
> would be able to use them at the same time to pull in at 3 mbits?

I think it would not be able to do it, since both links are not the
same speed. But please correct me. I think I am right, but I may not
be.

It is like when you want to do trunking on switches, that means,
combine 2 or more ports on a switch to get more bw available. If the
ports were not of the same speed, that would not be possible to
achieve. And of course, all the ports must be full duplex. The
technique is to send out data on a port at a time, in a known
sequence. If ports are not the same speed, data on "x" port would
arrive first than data on "y" port, being imposible to rearrenge
packets on the other end, is it clear?

And why being full duplex? Well, for the same reason. If ports are not
full duplex, then if you sent out data on port "x" but suddenly you
are receiving data on port "y", what you had to send on port "y" will
have to wait. But in that time, data is travelling across link "x",
and data sent out on port "x" will arrive without their "parent" data
which had to be sent thru port "y". Concluding, when data sent on port
"x" arrives to the other end, data that had to be sent on port "y"
will have not arrived yet.

I hope I was clear.

lucas

--