Re: [LARTC] Differentiated Service on Linux HOWTO

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 21:00, Leonardo Balliache wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I understand it's a little early to talk about this, but, I'm writing a new
> document for The Linux Document Project site, called "Differentiated
> Service on Linux HOWTO". A link to the work in progress is on my site at
> http://opalsoft.net/qos.
>
> If you have some little time have a look to this; any feedback, comment or
> criticism is welcome.
>
> Best regards,

Hi Leonardo,

I had a quick look at the work and it seems a great start. This would be
the kind of tutorial I would have hoped for when I started dabbling in
QoS 3 years ago! But with the help of this list I managed :)

I would urge you to try to combine this document with the LARTC manual
from www.lartc.org or atleast add references to your document from there
in the Diffserv chapter. You chapter on queuing diciplines could surely
be incorporated into that document though...to give users a quick
overview of different queuing mechanisms.

You might want to take a look at some of our work in this area to try
and reduce your effort (if at all!). Please see
www.ittc.ku.edu/~amitk/research.html if interested. All of us have
extensive chapters on Linux QoS, specifically Diffserv and Intserv.

Regards,
Amit
p.s Dont you think Java for page navigation is overkill?! :)
Amit Kucheria          akucheria@<NOSPAM>metricsystems.com
Metric Systems Corp.   2320 Cousteau Court, Suite 201, Vista, CA 92083