Re: [LARTC] Statistics

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 05:27:22PM +0200, Bart Duchesne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experimenting with HTB and IMQ and I'm wondering if there exists a
> tool to graph the throughput of traffic through my router.
> I now I can  setup iptables to count packets and read/reset these with a
> script , but maybe there is allready something MRTG alike but for
> shorter periods of measurements.

You might find my snmprtg useful for this, but you will need to be able
to query it using SNMP. It can run on most platforms too. Its still very
young, but quite usable. Currently the Poll Interval, and the number of
minutes to display is hard coded (5 secs, 10 mins respectively), but
should be easily changed.

http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/progs/snmprtg.php

Runs on anything with Perl/Tk and the SNMP module. (Developed on Linux,
tested with Windows NT and ActiveState Perl)

--
Cameron Kerr
Email:   cameron.kerr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx