[LARTC] can't get cbq to traffic shape

Hello Folks,

 For a long time i have tried to get Traffic Shaping work for my 500
Customer setup, but never succeded. I know i have made mistakes which i
ain't able to point out.

 I have made a heirarchical setup where in the incoming-outgoing
bandwidth is split into 10 different subnets and i have filters to
divert traffic into these 10 different pipes. Then in each of these
pipes i then have all the clients under those subnets.

 Below at the end i have attached the CBQ errors thrown when i
initialise the TC pipes.

 Any help and pointers on the same will be appreciated.

Trevor

#####################################
#Deleting and setting up
#Root qdisc's
#####################################
tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1:0 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit avpkt 1000
cell 8

#######################################
#Setting up top 10 qdiscs
#for initial packet classification
#######################################
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.10.0/24 classid 1:1

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:2 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.11.0/24 classid 1:2

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:3 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.12.0/24 classid 1:3

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:4 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.13.0/24 classid 1:4

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:5 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.14.0/24 classid 1:5

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:6 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.15.0/24 classid 1:6

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:7 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.16.0/24 classid 1:7

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:8 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.17.0/24 classid 1:8

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:9 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.18.0/24 classid 1:9

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:10 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.19.0/24 classid 1:10

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:11 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
1Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip src
192.168.20.0/24 classid 1:11

#################################
# Start of Actual Filters
#################################

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:12 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
32Kbit prio 4 allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 4 u32 match ip src
192.168.10.1/0 classid 1:12

#                -- -- --

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:13 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
32Kbit prio 4 allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 4 u32 match ip src
192.168.10.2/0 classid 1:13

#                -- -- --

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:14 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
32Kbit prio 4 allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 4 u32 match ip src
192.168.10.3/0 classid 1:14

#######################
# CBQ Dump
#######################

[root@xxxxxxxx tc_server_code]# dmesg
Q: class 00010152 has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 00010143 has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 00010134 has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 00010125 has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 00010116 has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 00010107 has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 00010071 has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 00010060 has bad quantum==0, repaired.

--
( >-    GNU/LINUX, It's all about CHOICE      -< )
/~\    __  trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  __   /~\