Re: [jik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [LARTC] MSS clamping doesn't work with masquerading through VPN?]

On 2 Jun 2003 at 19:10, Stef Coene wrote:

> On Monday 02 June 2003 18:57, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> > I sent the message below to this list over a week ago, and I haven't
> > seen any response.
> >
> > If this is not the correct forum for my question, can anyone suggest
> > a better person or place to which I should direct it?
> I think it's the correct list (I don't know of any other list you can
> try), but it seems that no list member has an answer on your
> questions.

  In that case I'll take a wild stab.  I'd guess that the traffic
passing through the clamper is not TCP at that point -- it's either
UDP or ESP, and therefore unaffected by TCP MSS clamping.  Use
IPTables to log the packets passing to your remote, and see what they
are.  I'm too lazy to reread your setup, but I suspect you'd need to
originate the tunnel from Linux and not from XP in order to capture
TCP.
  Can you drop the MTU in DUN somehow...?

Peter E. Fry