[LARTC] Wonder Shaper - New Features - Unofficial Version

Hi, guys.

I have tried emailing Bert with these updates, but he never got back to me,
and I think this would be a genuinely useful addition to it's current feature
set. :-)

The featured improvements include:

1) Lowest priority traffic is bounded to it's bandwidth (currently set at
80%), so it cannot borrow more bandwidth from it's sibling classes. This
seems to help greatly with higher priority services getting through much
faster, without greatly taking away from the bandwidth available for the
lowest priority traffic.

2) It now works for multiple interfaces. The settings are in the format of 1
config file per interface, typically named by the interface (although this is
not too important, any name will do). These files should typically live in
/etc/sysconfig/wshaper by default. The format is the usual shell variable
assignment format, i.e. variable=value. Value names/values are the same as
those at the top of the old Wonder Shaper script. Each interface is set and
checked to the specified values when the usual stop/status/start commands are
issued.

3) Note: I have commended out all the ingress shaping, because I run a 2.2.x
kernel which doesn't support ingress policing properly. To enable this,
simply uncomment the relevant lines in the wshaper script.

The new wshaper script as well as a sample config file are both attached.

Regards.

Gordan

DEV=eth1
DOWNLINK=977