Re: [LARTC] Limit Bandwidth + limiting the amount of Bytes to download

Stef Coene wrote:
> On Thursday 29 May 2003 02:21, Osgaldo Suanzes wrote:
> My ISP is doing it, so it can be done :)  They don't block me, but the
> speed
> goes from 4mbit to 128kbit.
> You can do it with iptables counters.  Read them each 15 minutes and count
> the
> bytes.  And trigger a script if it reaches it's maximum.  I don't think
> it's
> hard to implement.  If you do this, make sure you can detect a counter
> reset.

So that means you re guaranteed 128Kbit, and burstable to 4Mbps until you
reaches the limit for your quota. Cool stef (:

btw, how about my question regarding QoS stef? i need to implement QoS for
my network. There are still kazaa users and getting worse lately.
I need to limit all tcp connection for my network only 40Kbit for single
TCP stream eventhough they have huge bandwidth (256Kbps).

Regards,
Rio Martin.