[LARTC] Limit Bandwidth + limiting the amount of Bytes to download

Hi.
Just wondering if it is possible for example :If I limit an IP Address to
512kb/s, if It is possible to
stop him from using the net after he reaches a certain limit of bandwidth ,
lets say 5 meg a day/week/ or month,year or whatever.
I was thinking about maybe using a Packet counter like the one used at
http://wipl-wrr.sourceforge.net/wipl.html or
 http://bwmon.sourceforge.net/an and a script which activates a rule with
IpTables that denys all traffic from/to that IP Address after
the limit of total of max byte downloaded has been reached.
I was trying to to find something regarded on the net about BW controller,
watcher...etc
But couldnt find anything, Does someone know if this has been done, and how?

                Thanks.

                        Osgaldo