Re: [LARTC] Shaping only the interface bandwith

Hi again.

    Sorry for bugging you so much!
    But Im unable to add ESFQ to a HTB Class.

    #tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb
    #tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:  classid 1:1 htb rate 512kbit ceil
512kbit burst 2k
    #tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:1 handle 10: esfq

    The last line "is" probably completly Wrong!(dont know about the others)
But I cant find an example on the net for this.
    I maybe need to add a filter, but how? and without matching Ip
addresses.

           I would appreciate If you could write me down a few lines on how
it has to look like, or correct the lines above.

   The Problem Description again:

  Need to shape traffic on Interface Eth1 (lan users) to 512 kbit, using Htb
and Esfq.(or something else)
  So that every user gets a fair download bandwidth 1user=100% , 2
users=50%each 3users=33,3% each ....so on.
  I cant use Iptables to mark Packets, and I have no information on Ip
addresses(Mac, etc) of the Users on that Lan.
  (this maybe a problem because I dont know how to add a filter if I dont
know what(IP,Mac,)  to match? Maybe there is a way
    to match "all" traffic and send it to a class??)

                             Thanls for all your patient

Osgaldo.