Re: [LARTC] HTB timer??

http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/faq/cache/40.html

> If you have, say, a link with capacity 10MB. If you so configure using HTB
> two classes with the same parent to use 5MB each with priority 0,1 and
> ceil 10MB.  What would happen if bandwidth decrease to under 5MB.
>
> Would the highest prio class be the only served??
No.  Each class can send it's rate as a minimum.  Prio is only used to
distribute remaining bandwidth and to determine the order of the classes so
the highest priority class has the lowest delays.
If you have a 10mbit class with 2 classes of each 2mbit and prio 0 and 1.
Each class can send 2mbit.  And the class with prio 0 can use the remaining
6mbit.  So you have 2 classes with rate 2mbit and 8mbit.

Remember : the lower the prio, the higher the priority.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"