[LARTC] Heavy Latency Problem

Hi all  and Stef

i been working with TC  to get of the setup to make my network stable with
Quality
i was testing with my PC, limit rate and Ceil rate are same
when i try to upload and download the data from my test FTP Server

my setuup looks like this

MyIP----Crosscable--eth1(Bridge(br0)eth0---Switch--FtpServer

    --------------G/W Router----Internet

1. iam able to achive the data control while iam upload the data from myip
to ftp Server, and same back
2. but i get lot of latency while iam upload the data or downloading the
data like 1000ms
3. when there is no data transfer the latency is 2ms
4. when iam upload or downloading the data, when i try to retrive pop
access, i get message from out look express wait, until i complete my upload
and download
    i keep getting wait, once its finished, then iam able to get all the
mails which is pending in my box

5. but iam looking for good latency,
6. i have several kind of clients in the network, where iam looking to
control up+down b/w ( since IMQ is not working with me for total B/W)
7. iam looking to give to the customer raw 64kbps or 128kbps.... do i need
to shape the traffic while iam giving them RAW
8. what is the best ways to do the shaping id required, i just use SFQ, for
the classid to check

my script is below for test setup

thanks

hare

CEIL=1024
IFACE=eth0
NFACE=eth1
LANIP=x.x.x.9

echo " flushing all tables  and QoS settings .......!  Wait"

iptables -F
iptables -F -t nat
iptables -F -t mangle

tc qdisc del dev $IFACE root handle 1: htb default 15
tc qdisc del dev $NFACE root handle 2: htb default 25

echo "flushing all tables done"

echo " out going traffic settings"

tc qdisc add dev $IFACE root handle 1: htb default 15
tc class add dev $IFACE parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate ${CEIL}kbit ceil
${CEIL}kbit
tc class add dev $IFACE parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 170kbit ceil
170kbit prio 0
tc class add dev $IFACE parent 1:1 classid 1:11 htb rate 170kbit ceil
${CEIL}kbit prio 1
tc class add dev $IFACE parent 1:1 classid 1:12 htb rate 64kbit ceil 64kbit
prio 1

blah..... blah

tc qdisc add dev $IFACE parent 1:12 handle 120: sfq perturb 10

blah..... blah

tc filter add dev $IFACE parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 1 fw classid
1:10
tc filter add dev $IFACE parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 2 fw classid
1:11
tc filter add dev $IFACE parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 3 fw classid
1:12

blah..... blah

tc qdisc add dev $NFACE root handle 2: htb default 25
tc class add dev $NFACE parent 2: classid 2:1 htb rate ${CEIL}kbit ceil
${CEIL}kbit
tc class add dev $NFACE parent 2:1 classid 2:20 htb rate 170kbit ceil
170kbit prio 0
tc class add dev $NFACE parent 2:1 classid 2:21 htb rate 170kbit ceil
${CEIL}kbit prio 1
tc class add dev $NFACE parent 2:1 classid 2:22 htb rate 64kbit ceil 64kbit
prio 1

blah..... blah

tc qdisc add dev $NFACE parent 2:22 handle 220: sfq perturb 10

blah..... blah

tc filter add dev $NFACE parent 2:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 7 fw classid
2:20
tc filter add dev $NFACE parent 2:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 8 fw classid
2:21
tc filter add dev $NFACE parent 2:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 9 fw classid
2:22
blah..... blah

iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s $LANIP -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o eth1 -d $LANIP -j MARK --set-mark 9