[LARTC] Limiting bandwidth pr. host

Hey

I have tried over a few weeks to make a special configuration with TC.

I want every IP/Host on the network to have exactly 8kb/s from the internet.
So every host max can use that specified bandwidth. Not more even if the
internet line aint fully used.

I have tried to make the rules pr. ip, so i specified one rule in TC for
every host on the network. But when i had loader around 100 rules into TC,
the linux server crashed.

On FreeBSD it's very simple, a virtual netcard and then 2 command lines.

If someone have a good solution, i will be happy, and it would really help
me in the daily work

I want to use it with TC with maybe CBQ, HTQ, WRR or other shapins modules.
What's the easiest way?

Thank You

Best Regards
Matias Bjoerling