[LARTC] ISP egress filters and routing for multi-homed hosts

I've got a multi-homed host connected to both a UUNET T1 and a PacBell ADSL connection. Both are commercial accounts with small dedicated netblocks. The default route is set to use the T1.

I recently added route entries for a couple of low-priority outside hosts to use the ADSL connection. I now find that connection *from* those hosts to the T1 interface fails. I'm suspecting it's because PBI is egress-filtering source addresses not under its control. (Acceptably a Good Thing.) For instance, I tried ping and found that the ICMP reply is going back through the PBI connection as expected, but the source address is that of the T1 interface. (From tcpdump output.)

Is there some way to force those packets to go back out the T1 interface while still sending packets initiated from this host through my ADSL interface, perhaps with iproute2 or some route cleverness?