Re: [LARTC] Lots amounts of classes to solve the DAP problem

Hi Stef,

On April 25, 2003 13:53 pm, Stef Coene wrote:
> You can only solve that problem with the fw filter.  But you can use the fw
> filter in a special way.  If you add 1 fw filter with no options, the mark
> is used to classify the packets.  So if you have a packet with mark 10, it
> will placed in class x:10.  So you only have the 500 iptables rules and
> only 1 filter rule.

You mean instead of a zillion of these:
$tc filter add dev $extif parent 1:0 protocol ip handle $var fw flowid 1:$var

It's just one of:
$tc filter add dev $extif parent 1:0 protocol ip fw
?

I see it doesn't error, but I haven't tried it on the real thing yet.

Also, could I then add further filters *with* options and would they be
honored? It'd be very cool if so.

I totally missed that info. Time to revisit ahu's doc I guess; I didn't see it
on your site.

--
Regards, Paul Evans