Re: [LARTC] Testing traffic control

On Friday 25 April 2003 23:57, Patrick Turley wrote:
> We are just starting to research this stuff - I expect this mailing list
> to save my bacon many times :)
>
> I'd like to hear some ideas on how people test their setups. It seems to
> me that the ideal testing rig would be two computers, one on either side
> the router. Have one computer open up some number of connections with
> various procol characteristics to the other and start blasting data
> through each connection. Have the other computer display the rate at
> which data is being received for each connection in a really cool
> graphical way.
>
> Does anyone here actually have the tools to do this? I would be terribly
> grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.
I have some scripts.  You can find them on www.docum.org.  They don't look
really cool, but they can show you what's going on in real-time.

I have a script that uses iptables counters.  An other uses the tc counters.
They are both shell scripts and I use them to automate my tests.

I also have some scripts to store the tc counters in a rrd database so you can
graph long term statistics.  And I have written a java applet so you can see
real-time graphs.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx