[LARTC] compiling iproute

Hi there. My name is Lucas and I'm from Argentina. Firstly,
forgive me for my english since it is not my native languaje.
Now, I've been reading on how to compile iproute2 and found that I
need to add the following to my kernel, which in my case it is 2.4.20,
and it is also the one which this document I read talked about:

CONFIG_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_RTNETLINK=y
# CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV is not set
CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG=y
# CONFIG_FILTER is not set
CONFIG_UNIX=y
CONFIG_INET=y
# CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST is not set
CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER=y
CONFIG_RTNETLINK=y
CONFIG_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_NAT=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_TOS=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_VERBOSE=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_LARGE_TABLES=y
# CONFIG_IP_PNP is not set
CONFIG_NET_IPIP=m
CONFIG_NET_IPGRE=m
# CONFIG_ARPD is not set #
CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set

The thing is that I can't find the CONFIG_NETLINK or the
CONFIG_RTNETLINK options anywhere along my kernel.

Do I need to add any patch to it?. In the case I need to doit, where
can I get it from ?

Thank you
Best Regards

Lucas