Re: [LARTC] Rshaper-2.01 issue with Linux8.0

On Sunday 20 April 2003 12:41, Tushar Gupta wrote:
> I have looked at tc and information on www.docum.org earlier too. I have
> a feeling that it is going to take a lot of time before I become
> comfortable with tc/htb/cbq, and understand all its nuiances.
>
> I am looking forward to some quick and maybe not so good solution as
> directly working with tc. With rshaper I just needed to specify IP and
> amount of max bandwidth I want to allocate to the host, and I am up and
> running.
If you want to do only that, that's not soo difficult.  Using htb is easy if
you copy a working script.
Of course, you need to read some docs to understand how it works.  But it's
not that difficult if you don't care about the fine tuning options.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"