Re: [LARTC] Traffic shaping with transparent proxy

On Monday 14 April 2003 15:59, Sebastian 'spax' Pape wrote:
> hi!
>
> Is there any other way than ingress-shaping if I'm running a transparent
> proxy on my firewall/router and want to limit http downloads? I think it
> is not very clever to shape the outgoing bandwidth, because I don't want
> to throttle bandwidth if the pages are allready cached and squid propably
> won't care how fast it can deliver when getting the pages from the net. Or
> is there any possibility to mark those packets with squid? e.g. different
> marks for cached/non-cached content or something like that.
You can try to enable the delay pools in squid.  This allows you to shape
bandwidth within squid.  And you can shape on the size of the fetched
objects.  Very handy.  Big downloads are slow, small downloads are very fast.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"