[LARTC] Traffic shaping with transparent proxy

hi!

Is there any other way than ingress-shaping if I'm running a transparent
proxy on my firewall/router and want to limit http downloads? I think it
is not very clever to shape the outgoing bandwidth, because I don't want
to throttle bandwidth if the pages are allready cached and squid propably
won't care how fast it can deliver when getting the pages from the net. Or
is there any possibility to mark those packets with squid? e.g. different
marks for cached/non-cached content or something like that.

best regards

		Sebastian

--
Sebastian 'spax' Pape          | Better to remain silent and be thought a fool
mailto: sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx   | than to speak and remove all doubt.