Re: [LARTC] CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG messages go where?

Russell> In my attempt to figure out what is going haywire, I compiled
Russell> the NETFILTER debugging into a kernel and booted it, but I
Russell> haven't been able to figure out where the messages go!  I am
Russell> not seeing anything in /var/log/kern.log.  Hints anyone?

N> How about /var/log/message? My syslog.conf is set to log *.info
N> (which I suspect NETFILTER debug to be using) messages in
N> /var/log/messages.

Nope.  I've got two that I would think would catch them:

  kern.*                          -/var/log/kern.log
  kern.debug                      -/var/log/kern.debug

but nothing related is showing up.

A chronological sorting "ls -lart" in /var/log shows what is
relatively active and none of those is showing anything recognizable
as netfilter debugging.

Is there a /proc/sys/<mumble> switch I need to turn on?

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr@xxxxxxxxxxx      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more