[LARTC] netdev watchdog

Hey guys,
    Ever since I started playing with IMQ a few days ago, Ive been getting
some NETDEV WATCHDOG errors for eth1 on my console and then the box
hard-freezes.  Im using two 3com 3C905s with the vortex/boomerang drive
compiled into the kernel.  Im shaping on eth1 (internet connection) and imq0
(for returning packets to the snat'd network on eth0, 10/100 switched) using
htb.  Both are shaped to about 42kBps using iptables marks for packets into
4 classes:  interactive, mail, www, bulk.
    Anyone have ideas on whats causing this and what I can do to stop it?

Jay