Re: [LARTC] non-guaranted bandwith shaping

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 00:18, Alexandru Coseru wrote:
> can somebody give me an example of how can I shape a non-guaranted bandwith
> net connection ?
>
> i just wanna make some priority for www traffic so the band doesn't get
> full with kazza downloads...
>

> I've searched for examples , but I cannot find ones....
> I've found only for guaranted bandwidth
It depends on your minimum and maximum bandwidth.  Let's say you have minium
100kbit and maximum 500kbit /s.  If you create a htb setup like this :
root class with rate = ceil = 500
  child class1
  child class2
And sum of rate of child class1 + class2 = 100 and ceil=500.

Actually you create a htb setup for the minimum bandiwidth but it can use all
availble bandwidth if it can.

This is just an idea, I don't know if it will work.  But I don't see why it
shouldn't.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx