Re: [LARTC] Ethernet card interrupt conflict

On Sunday 06 April 2003 17:49, yuxiao jia scrawled:
> Hello
>
> Thanks for your reply, when two ethernet card share same IRQ, only one card
> can work
>
> for example eth0 and eth2 share same IRQ, eth0 IP address is 172.16.30.1,
> eth2 is 172.16.50.1,
>
> I only can ping gateway of eth0 (e.g 172.16.30.2), canot ping 172.16.50.2
>
> I try lilo.conf "append="noapic" and change BIOS, do not work for me
>
> I canot undetsand when Linux boot, no matther how I change slot, it only
> can boot 3 ethernet card,
> I can  run "ifconfig eth3 up" make the four card up, but still shared eth0
> and eth2 canot work well
>
> thanks
>
> yuxiao.

<snipped footer>

Hi,
  I just pinged my eth2 and eth3 (which have the same interrupt) and both
responded properly to the pings. I made each one the default route to my
machine and there was no problem.

- --

My public key:
   gpg --recv-keys --keyserver blackhole.pca.dfn.de DCB44F2E
"...there is nothing so unnatural as the commonplace."
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in "Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: A Case of Identity"