Re: [LARTC] modifying ethernet header dst mac with ebtables?

	Hello,

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Martin A. Brown wrote:

>  : I´m working in a briding enviroment and i want to be sure that my arp
>  : requests outgoing a bridge interface will be hear by only one specific
>  : device (because of security reason)

	Victor, what about trying something similar to the example
in the ebtables docs:

ebtables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff -i eth0 -j dnat --to-destination 54:44:33:22:11:00

>  : are there any way to re-write the ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff on this arp request
>  : so they appears like a unicast?
>
> I imagine that Julian will jump in here and reply to you, but I thought
> I'd point you to ip arp, an add-on tool Julian has written for iproute2.
>
>   http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#iparp

	iparp can not see these packets (layer 2) but for other
purposes probes can be originated with unicast dst MAC in this way:

ip arp add table output to 1.2.3.4 lldst 00:11:22:33:44:55

>  : Do de ip stack understand this "unicast" arp request?

	Yes but at MAC level the ARP code cares only for
unicast/broadcast, no matter the actual dst MAC of the received
packet.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>