Re: [LARTC] Wondershaper updates.

If you want a more general configuration interface to HTB, you can use
htb.init, which allows an arbitrary configuration of traffic control:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/htbinit

Or, if you prefer a more fully featured language for describing traffic,
tcng:

  http://tcng.sourceforge.net/

See my article on tcng + htb:

  http://linux-ip.net/articles/htb-and-tcng.html

If you are feeling like contributing, you could write some tcng
configuration files which solve your problem and publish them.

-Martin

 : Wondershaper htb seems to work fine. It would be great if it had some
 : more features. I.E if people on this mailing list could contribute. I
 : use a fantastic contributed firewall script called monmotha that covers
 : lots of the features that you might want from a firewall.
 :
 : I'd find it useful if wondershaper could:-
 :
 : 1. Specifiy hi-priority ports, most specifically port 80 so people can
 : always browse on my shared connection.
 : 2. integrate this script to allow special game priorities to be setup
 : http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2002q3/004827.html
 :
 : The extra features don't have to get in the way of the normal operation
 : surely.
 :
 : G.
 :