Re: [LARTC] Need some advice

Jesper....

(Sorry for brief reply...work, work, work...)

Try something like this

# echo 5 icecast >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
# ip rule add from $ETH1_IP table icecast
# ip route add default via $ETH1_GW table icecast

Does that make sense?

Read up on it here:

  http://linux-ip.net/html/routing-tables.html
  http://linux-ip.net/html/routing-selection.html

Good luck,

-Martin

 : Greetings!
 :
 : I've been struggling for a few days now with something that gives me a
 : headache 'cause I'm not really an iproute expert, nor even an advanced
 : user. I've browsed through the archives, HOWTO's and such but didn't pick
 : up anything particularily useful to help me with my little problem.
 :
 : I have two network cards installed on a single RedHat8 Linux (2.4.18-14)
 : box, each interface has it's own dedicated IP address, both have the same
 : mask and gateway. Now, what I'm trying to do is dedicate eth1 to icecast (a
 : stream server) only, so that any other outgoing/incoming traffic (HTTP,
 : FTP, SSH, ICMP etc) would use eth0.
 :
 : I managed to set up my firewall (with fwbuilder, iptables) so that only
 : icecast answers on eth1 and the rest of the allowed services on eth0. But
 : clearly whether you connect to http on eth0 or icecast on eth1, there is
 : traffic only on eth1 (at least when you look at "netstat -i" or Tx_Bytes &
 : Rx_Bytes in /proc/net/PRO_LAN_Adapters/eth*.info). That's probably because
 : "ip route ls" shows that Red Hat has set eth1 as my default gw.
 :
 : So.. I guess what I'm asking is what would the right "ip" commands be
 : that'd allow me to set up my routes in such a way that would make all this
 : possible? .. and moreover, how do I get Red Hat scripts not to mess with
 : those settings.. ;-)
 :
 : Thanks in advance! Excuse me if my explanation is not very clear, too much
 : monitor tan for today.
 :
 :