Re: [LARTC] 2.2.x crash after patching (Was: Prioritising Ingress Traffic)

On Sunday 23 March 2003 13:49, Julian Anastasov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> > I seem to be having a problem with the newly applied patches, though.
> > After 6-8 hours, I get a kernel crash. Black screen od death, hex dumps,
> > Aiee, killing interrupt handler, trying to kill idle task, etc. This
> > happened twice, so it seems unlikely to be a coincidence, as the only
> > patches applied were the DS9, rtree, HTB3 and routes. It used to be
> > stable before. I am hoping that it is ingress related stuff that kills
> > it, so I have turned that off (everything to do with ingress). We'll see
> > if I get another crash now. If not, than it would appear that it is
> > ingress policing that kills it after a while.
> >
> > I will report back on this when I know more.
>
> 	ok, it is interesting where is the oops exactly (may be
> by avoiding modules and compiling qos in kernel). In any case,
> I created patch to upgrade to HTB 3.10

It would seem that the crash was DEFINITELY caused by ingress filtering. I
have switched it off (while keeping all egress qdiscs and filters), and now
the router has been up for 31 hours without a glitch. Oh, well. I will look
into patching with the latest HTB, but since I don't use it, there seems to
be little point...

Unfortunately, I cannot tell in which module the oops happens, because once
the machine crashes, there are no logs and the start of the error scrolls off
the screen. :-(

All I can tell for sure is that with ingress used it crashes, without it is
fine.

Regards.

Gordan