Re: [LARTC] Routing/forwarding/shaping problems in v2.2.x (Long -sorry)

	Hello,

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> The setup:
>
> "Home brewed" v2.2.24 (will patch to v2.2.25 later today) with the DS8 patch
> applied. Currently downloading the DS9/rbtree/htb3 patches to be applied
> later (obviously, unpatching the old DS8 first), and see if at least some of
> my problems go away.

	Yes, DS-8 has many problems including security ones.
The only problem is that I still didn't upgraded the patches to
2.2.25, may be in the next days I'll find time to do so.

> Multiple cable/DSL lines with multiple default routes and equal cost
> multipath.

	I strongly recommend the route patches in such case:

http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes-2.2
http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/routes-2.2.20-7.diff

> When applying ingres shaping (policing filter) all executes fine without
> reporting any errors, but
>
> tc -s -d qdisc show dev eth1
> and
> tc -s -d filter show dev eth1

	DS9 has fixes for the ingress stats

> Can anyone hazard a guess as to why this is not doing what it should be? Is
> this a know bug in DS8 and DS9 will fix it? I will try it anyway, just to
> make sure, but some encouraging news would be nice. :-)

	Yes, yes, I'll add it to the changelog

> 2) ipmasqadm portfw unstable/unreliable
>
> I have tried to use this approach to forward ports from the firewall to an
> internal server. It works OK initially, but within minutes, things start
> going wrong. Some connections get through on one interface but not the other.
> Later, connections from the same host will work on a different interface, but
> not the one it worked on initially.

	Such problems should be solved from the "routes" patches,
they will keep each traffic through its ISP.

	Read nano.txt from http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes
It is for 2.4 but the concept and the routing rules are same.

> TIA.
>
> Gordan

Regards

--