Re: [LARTC] CBQ Traffic control not working

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 16:49, Mugur TOMITA wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new to this list, so I appologize if a similar case has been covered
> already... I have the configuration attached below...
> The problem is that my traffic control doesn't work at all...
> Clients from any of the private networks manage to download even with
> 256Kbits from the Internet...
> The case is stranger because if I reboot the linux box, for a few minutes
> the traffic shapping seems to work... I mean from a machine in subnet
> 192.168.1.8/29 I download with 16-20Kbits... but not always (most often I
> get at least 128Kbps).
>
> A second question would be who has a higher priority:
> a PC from a prio 8 class filtered by a prio 3 filter, or
> a PC from a prio 3 class filtered by a prio 8 filter?
Prio for filters is used to order the filters.  Filters with lower prio are
checked first.  Prio for a class is something else.  A class with a lower
prio is allowed to send data first before the other classes.
And prio 7 is the biggest prio you can specify.

I found no errors in your tc rules.
If you want more info about cbq (tests/docs/scripts/tips/faq/...) you can go
to http://docum.org.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx