[LARTC] Classless Queues in series...

I need (or would at lest live very much :) to use two Classless Queues in series.

I can't see in the HOWTO how this is done, but guess at something like:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: sfq (etc)
tc qdisk add dev eth0 parent 1: tbf (etc)

Am I on the right lines here?

I also have a small problem with TBF... From the HOWTO sec 9.2.2, it is surgested that a value for the 'burst' should be:

"For 10mbit/s on Intel, you need at least 10kbyte buffer if you want to reach your configured rate!"

Therefore: burst => rate * (8 / 1000)

However, I find using this I get stall on ftp and other common protocols, when they get above the throttle rate, with low bandwidths (eg, 64kbit/sec). -- Or I completelly fail to understand the above statement...

Does any person have a better method for calculating a good value for 'buffer' ?

Regards, Ben.