Re: [LARTC] (no subject)

Kjell,

 : Q1: How many different id's is possible for mark?
 : I would like to have about 2000. Is it possible?

fwmark is a u32, meaning it can accept values between 0 and 4294967295.

Is that large enough for you?  :)

 : Q1b: Is it possible to set an id as a fuction of the
 : src IP's? Could I mark with id 256*zzz+www when
 : src IP is xxx.yyy.zzz.www ?
 : This because I would like to help iptables not using
 : too much ticks, and it will reduse my code.

I wonder if you might make good use of the hashing functions supported by
tc filter:

  http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.adv-filter.hashing.html

I can't answer the performance question you imply here, but if the tc
filter hashing didn't work for me, then I'd use a little shell script loop
to create the entries.

Instead of doing this, though you might find it easier to put an SFQ qdisc
in the leaf HTB class and let SFQ do the hard work for you.  Then you
don't need the tc filter hashing.

You can separate your users by large classes, and make some special high
priority classes for picky users or yourself!

 : Q2: I am running 2.4.20 with static route patch,
 : and would like to patch this with
 : connbytes-1.0a-patches.tgz , any reason I shouldn't?

I don't know......

 : Q2b: Does it exist a connbytes patch for 2.4.20 that
 : is allready pached with static route?

I don't know this one either.

 : in adv.,
 : thnx for any answer that could lead to success.

Good luck,

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx