[LARTC] Understanding bandwidth in HTB

I have a HDSL at 2048 kbit. The maximum transfer I can
achieve is about 237 kB/sek (using for example FTP or
NetBIOS transfers in my neighbourhood). That is 1941504 bits
per second, 1941 kbit. Where about 106 kbit disappeared ?
Is this protocol overhead ? HDSL framing+ethernet+IP+TCP ?
If so, what values I have to use at designing good HTB tree?
May I suppose that my link is "only" 1941 kbit ? Now there
is 2048 kbit in my script and at high loads HDSL seems to
be overloaded... Even high priority class for ICMP doesn't
work well. Buffers overrun? Is HTB consider protocol overheads,
or we have to consider it individually?
--
    Leszek A.      [The chance of a lifetime is passing you by.]
  Szczepanowski    [ Use it or lose it in the wink of an eye.  ]