Re: [LARTC] Test tool - traffic generator.

mgen. UDP only, though.

http://manimac.itd.nrl.navy.mil/MGEN/

Well, as Stef said, anyway that's why I need (because UDP won't ask for replies)
However, the problem I encountered with MGEN is that it does not accept to blindly send udp packets: it first try to resolve the address of the remote station (which in my case does not exist).
As I was away, I've just started again to look seriously at the problem so I still have to try Bartek and Ashok solutions.
Up to know, I've discarded:
- linux's kernel traffic generator: it bypasses traffic control
- ttcp because TCP does not suit in my case
- tg: because of an installation error :) Too lazy to even check in the documentation if it worths tring to install it.
- mgen: as I said above, it doesn't accept to blindly sens udp packets but first try to resolve the remote address
- ping -f: flooding is ok, but I cannot modify parameters (ports, adresses) as I'd like to (well, I could start many pings with different parameters at once) and it needs acknowledgements.

And I still have to try:
  - udpgen: I have to modify the makefile to install it
  - hping2
  - spak

Tahnk you guys anyway.
By the way, Ashok you may find something that fits your needs in that list.

Emmanuel