Re: [LARTC] limiting users on a 128kbit line

Radus, see below.
Mathieu.

radus wrote:

> I made priorities only for the big class where the default traffic goes, so
> that the remaining 5 computers share the bandwidth equally (when it's free)
> I should write prios for all classes ?

Priorities to the filter means which filter is tried first.
Prio to HTB classes will influence the sheduling and borrowing of HTB.

> > You mean it all goes to 1:14 ?
>
> Yes, exactly that....

Default should be 11, not 14.  Your three filters filtering on sport should have
as parent 1: (as right now)
and they should all have flowid 1:11.  Then, you create three similar filters
with parent 1:11 and flowid 1:12, 1:13 and 1:14 respectively.

Something like:

tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: prio 1 u32 match ip sport 80 0xffff
flowid 1:11
tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: prio 2 u32 match ip sport 25 0xffff
flowid 1:11
tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: prio 3 u32 match ip sport 110
0xffff flowid 1:11

tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1:11 u32 match ip sport 80 0xffff
flowid 1:12
tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1:11 u32 match ip sport 25 0xffff
flowid 1:13
tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1:11 u32 match ip sport 110 0xffff
flowid 1:13

> > Quantum = rate/r2q
> > For class 1:12, quantum = 10k/r2q = 10*1024(8*r2q) = 1280Bytes.
> > This is smaller than MTU, that's why it complains that quantum is too
> > small.
> >
> > Same thing for classes 1:13 and 1:14, quantum = 640 Bytes, which is smaller
> > them MTU.
> >
> > What you can (and should) do is specify the quantum manually.
> >
> Could you give me an example for a class on how to specify the quantum ?

For example:
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:11 classid 1:14 htb rate 5kbit   burst 2k quantum
1600

Note that quantum will influence the borrowing of HTB.
See the HTB home page for details.