[LARTC] Test tool - traffic generator.

Hi!

Does anyone know a good traffic generator that can be implemented on the same machine than the one which implement traffic control?
I have a "test network" (2 hosts). One of the machines is a router on which I want to test my traffic control settings. This router is supposed to be at the interface of two networks: mine and another one that does not exist in fact. As I have to simulate traffic coming from the non-existent network, I'm looking for a tool that I could install on the router and that won't bypass the traffic control (as for example the kernel traffic generator does).

Any good suggestion?

Br,
        Emmanuel