Re: [LARTC] full policy routing

Tomas,

It never occurred to me to try "ip route flush table all".  Does it work?
[ I'll have to try that on my critical Internet connected router! ;-) ]

I have gotten in the habit of using "ip route flush table $ID" for any
table I'm about to populate with routes.  This way, I know I'm starting
from an empty routing table.  Typically I don't muck about with the main
routing table, and just use the RPDB to override the routes configured in
the main routing table.

I don't know what you mean by the "default" routing table, but the local
routing table is a very important routing table--it's the first one
consulted in most route lookups, to see if the IP is a locally hosted IP,
a broadcast address, or a (dumb) NAT transformation.

Have a good day,

-Martin

 : when you are using full policy routing (multiple tables and rules for every network),
 : is one supposed to wipe all the tables clean with
 :
 : "ip route flush table all"
 :
 : or use
 :
 : "ip route flush table main"
 :
 : and still be sure that the policy routing works as it's supposed to?
 :
 : indeed, i dont know what the local and default tables are really doing.
 :
 :
 : enlighentment would be appriciated.
 :