Re: [LARTC] Load Balance/Redundant Internet Connections

Ok,
	I have removed the Nexland ISBPro800, and put our linux router back
into use. My initial testing was not to bad. Not exactly what I was
looking for but it seems to be the closest I have gotten so far.

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 02:03, Julian Anastasov wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> > I tried playing around with the garbage collection and other params that
> > are supposed to control the frequency that the routing cache is flushed.
> > I was not able to reach a happy medium.
>
> Can this help?:
>
> echo 5 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout
> echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_interval
>
> --
> Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>

Thanks Julian, this setting seems to improve performance a little. I
doubt to many people will be bouncing back and forth between the IP's
from different ISP. It will have more to do with what the DNS lookup's
return.

DNS not really being a topic for this list, but directly related to the
outcome of what I am attempting to do. So please forgive me asking these
questions here. If you know of a better place please let me know.

Anyway, if anyone reading this could take a few seconds and click on the
following links. Both of my SDSL lines are up and all servers and
services should be available if everything is correct in the linux
router.

Please feel free to email the results of your using the following links
to me. Also please click beyond the initial link just to make sure
further lookups are the same.

Links
http://www.obsidian-studios.com
ftp://ftp.obsidian-studios.com
http://www.elvisplace.com
http://www.suzakstrading.com

The others are mail and DB related and will have to be tested out by
clients. These are available to the general public and I am curious to
know if the general public has any problems.

Once again for clarification I am using two SDSL lines as a single
gateway for my internal singles. Hopefully this will allow me to use
both lines. Possible providing redundant service. If I am lucky a simple
form of load balancing, although by load balancing I mean just being
able to use both lines as one. Having the linux router determine the use
of each line and balancing that out is beyond my expectations at the
moment. But would be nice.

So at the time I have this router in place, and if the above links do
not work, it is due to the router's config.

Thank you very much for anyone taking to time to click and provide
feedback.

Also I am open to comments or suggestions from anyone about my config.

I do plan to share the results with others so they will not be faced
with the same problems. Much less have to buy a Nexland unit or other
piece of hardware that may or may not work.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.