[LARTC] Load Balance/Redundant Internet Connections

	Hello,

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

> If you establish a connection to a server using a public IP from ISP1,
> and then go and establish a connection to the same server using a public
> IP from ISP2, you cannot until after the routing cache has been flushed.

	This sounds wrong. The connections from different pub IPs
differ, so they use different cache entries. But it is true when
NAT is used. Then the INTIP->REMOTESERVER is cached.

> I tried playing around with the garbage collection and other params that
> are supposed to control the frequency that the routing cache is flushed.
> I was not able to reach a happy medium.

Can this help?:

echo 5 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout
echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_interval

> Thank you in advance.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>