[LARTC] bandwidth limit

Hi,
i am using the CBQ Qdisc as a shaper for my 100Mbit/s Ethernet LAN.
I want to limit a bounded, isolated CBQ Class to 10 Mbit/s.
# TC class add dev $DEVICE handle X:0 classid X:Y cbq bandwidth 100Mbit/s rate 10 Mbit/s prio bounded isolated avpkt 1000 allot 1514 weight 1 maxburst 15
In my testbed i use a SmartBit Hardware traffic generator to generate traffic streams, with different protcols and different paket length. I send a UDP traffic stream with 20 Mbit/s.
The results of my measurementes are that for a paket length of 1518 Bytes the shaping works fine, but for a length of 64 Byte the shapings works very bad. I got at the outgoing interface a bandwidth of 4 Mbit/s.
I changed the avpkt, maxburst and allot parameter, but the results didn´t become better.
 What is the reson for this behavior?

Thanx
Thorsten