[LARTC] Traffic shaping an apartment building

Hi,

I live in a rural community where adsl and cable is not widely available.  I
correctly have an option of using adsl or cable at my location.  Ten miles
away my friends apartment building has no option of cable or adsl.  I set-up
a wireless link between my friends apartment building and my house.  It
works great for him and me and the adsl company doesn't care because they
don't cover the area and we aren't going over our bandwidth allotments.

Old setup:

	ADSL (dynamic)

	NAT linux box ( inside 192.168.1.0) (486s)

	My internal network (192.168.1.0) (Just a small network really!)

	Wireless radio (192.168.1.0)

	Wireless radio (192.168.1.0)

	His internal network (192.168.1.0)

We have been using this set-up for few months and we share the bandwidth and
he paid the costs of wireless radios.  His apartment got wind what we are
doing and want a connection.  To make a long story short we want to run a
cable to the phone room and then up to each apartment so logistically we can
do it.  However, I am not interested in giving everyone in this apartment a
full connection speed connection to the internet.  I don't know them. :-)

I have set-up a redhat 7.2 box /w 2.4.7 kernel all the stuff I need seems to
be in built-in the kernel.  Reading the list archives I setup a proxy-arp
bridge and its been working fine.

	ADSL (dynamic)

	NAT linux box ( inside 192.168.1.0) (486s)

	My internal network (192.168.1.0) (Just a small network really!)

	Redhat 7.2 box 2.4.7 (Proxy-arp with 2 nics)

	Wireless radio (192.168.1.0)

	Wireless radio (192.168.1.0)

	His internal network (192.168.1.0)

I had look at http://www.docum.org/ and http://ds9a.nl/lartc/.  I just not
sure what I need to do next I have read the documents at the latter and it
seems confusing to me.  What I would like to do is give almost everyone in
the apartment a 64k connection with exception of my friends machines (384k)
and apartment manager machine (384k).

Allen Armstrong