RE: [LARTC] adv. routing features not working?

Bert,

Here's a little diagram:

>                I N T E R N E T
>                /              \
>    -------------             -------------
>    | 10.4.44.1 |             | 10.4.44.2 |
>    |  lucent   |             |   speed   |
>    -------------             -------------
> port-fw 10.4.44.12:80     port-fw 10.4.44.11:80
>               \               /
>                \             /
>                 \           /
>                  -----------
>                  |   hub   |
>                  -----------
>                      eth0
>                 --------------
>                 | 10.4.44.11 |
>                 | 10.4.44.12 |
>                 |   linux    |
>                 --------------

So basically what I want is that for packets coming in from 'speed' to use
speed as the outgoing gateway.  Looking at incoming packets on the linux
box, I see that when the router does port forwarding, it doesn't rewrite any
addresses -- the packets are still from the remote client and destined for
the linux box.

The reason I had 'to' in my rule (and two IPs on the linux box) is so I
could differentiate traffic from each router -- traffic going to 10.4.44.11
has to be from the 10.4.44.2 router.  The 'from' address was always
different (the remote client).

I thought using mac addresses would be easier, but last time I asked, I was
told IPs were easier ;)

I have looked at the adv-routing howto and searched newsgroups, but haven't
found a way to specify rules and routes with mac addresses.  I tried this:
	ip rule add from 00:01:02:03:04:05 dev eth0 table speed

but got an error: "an inet prefix is expected rather than
"00:01:02:03:04:05".

Is there an option to ip that signifies addresses are mac addresses?

thanks for the help!
Ross