Re: [LARTC] Latency in SFQ --> Done

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 16:03, bert hubert wrote:
> > If we are using TBF, we can reduce "buffer" and "limit" to minimize
> > latency. What should we do in SFQ?
>
> You can't really. SFQ has a fixed queue length of 128.

Dear Sirs,
It worked now.
Thank you for all help, from this mailing list and from IRC.
Special Thanks for Mr. Hubert

I have reduce the buffer (queue length) from 128 to 15, and it works very
nice, very well, and very fair.

What I did was:
1. Open the sfq source (/usr/src/linux/net/sched/sch_sfq.c)
2. In about line 91, there is "#define SFQ_DEPTH 128"
3. Change it to "#define SFQ_DEPTH 15"
4. Recompile kernel (modules)
5. Restart (I'm not sure it is needed. modprobe should be enough)
6. Run it again
7. Nice...nice....nice.....

For  Mr. Kuznetsov, if you don't mind, I would like to suggest to give a
chance to the user to change it manually in run time, like we can change
quantum and perturb. (in the next release, of course)

In developed countries, queue depth 128 is fair, since we are talking about
high speed network.
In my case, I just use 64 kbit bandwidth for every 4 Internet caffee, which
used by about 15 computers each. Very slow speed.... need very small queue
length.

Regards,
Adi Nugroho
Who are very happy now :-)