[LARTC] shaping/routing

I've been doing ipchains/tables firewalls for quite a while now, but I'd
like to be able to do some bandwith shaping, and src-address based
routing to specific net connections.  From what I've read so far, tc/ip
can do that, correct?  Here's simply what I've got: Linux firewall,
2.4.x, iptables, MASQ, about 10 internal subnets all going out as 1 IP
now.  I have 1 T1 now, 2 more on the way.  I'd like to say internal
subnets 1-5 go out T1 #1 6-7 go out T1 #2, etc.  I'd also like to be
able to say that subnets 1-5 can only have 50% of that T1.  I know these
are 2 seperate questions, but that's where I would like to be.  Can
someone point me in the direction of some good docs/examples on how to
set this up?  What I'm also unclear about, is if I'm using ip rules to
reroute traffic to specific out-going routers, do I still need MASQ, and
what role does it play?

Thanks...
Dan