Re: [LARTC] CBQ inaccuracy

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 09:20:32AM +0100, Stef Coene wrote:

> > > Um, this doesn't make sense. I keep repeating this to posters here, SHOW
> > > YOUR CONFIGURATION! Don't just draw pictures - your CBQ commandlines may
> > > not do what you think they do.
> >
> > My apologies. Here's the script

Amit, no apologies are needed, it's just that it helps to get good answers
:-)

> > # CBQ qdisc 2:0
> > $TC qdisc add $DEVICE parent 1:1 handle 2:0 cbq bandwidth $LIMITBW $AVPKT
> > allot 1514

Just don't do this. Having a CBQ within a CBQ is useless and can indeed
cause weird behaviour. You will get two qdiscs 'stacked' so to speak, both
trying to shape traffic. At times, the inner qdisc will not want to give up
data, which doesn't make life easier on the outer one.

CBQ can do shaping out of its own accord - it doesn't need a second shaper
to do that for it. For the same reasone, people should not embed TBFs in
CBQ!

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
Trilab                                 The Technology People