Re: [LARTC] CBQ inaccuracy

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, bert hubert wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:17:43PM -0600, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> > > I have found CBQ to be very inaccurate (as others on the list)
> > >
> > > I have created a structure as follow
> > >
> > >   Root  (10mbit)
> > >
> > >   CBQ class (bandwidth=1mbit, rate=10mbit)
> > >
> > >   CBQ qdisc (bandwidth=1mbit)
> >
> > Um, this doesn't make sense. I keep repeating this to posters here, SHOW
> > YOUR CONFIGURATION! Don't just draw pictures - your CBQ commandlines may
> > not do what you think they do.
>
> My apologies. Here's the script

> BANDWIDTH=bandwidth 10Mbit
> LIMITBW=1Mbit
>
> # Root CBQ qdisc 1:
> $TC qdisc add $DEVICE root handle 1: cbq $BANDWIDTH $AVPKT
>
> # Root CBQ class 1:1
> # This class rate limits everyting to 1Mbit
> $TC class add $DEVICE parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq $BANDWIDTH rate $LIMITBW
> \
> maxburst 100 $AVPKT allot 1514 weight 100Kbit prio 1 bounded isolated
>
> # Filter packet from the 2 sources
> $TC filter add $DEVICE parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip src
> $SRC1 flowid 1:1
> $TC filter add $DEVICE parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip src
> $SRC2 flowid 1:1
>
> # CBQ qdisc 2:0
> $TC qdisc add $DEVICE parent 1:1 handle 2:0 cbq bandwidth $LIMITBW $AVPKT
> allot 1514
I'm not seeing any big errors.  I tried also the bounded parameter of CBQ,
you can find the results on docum.org.  I was able to throttle the bandwidth
at each speed I want.  I din't attach the second CBQ, but only used the
bounded class, maybe you can try again without the second CBQ.
And don't use the isolated parameter.  It's not working and sometimes it can
disturb the configuration.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx