Re: [LARTC] I know there must be a way ...

> Ok - I missed this. So we have this
>                                                      /
>   [ your network ]  - [ linux machine ] - [ router ]
>                                                      \

Or possibly this:                       A
                                      /
    [ my network ] - [ linux machine ]
                                      \

> The Linux machine also has a full view and knows where traffic will go.
>
> But the router does its own routing?

I currently do not have a linux box in the path. I have two GigE links to
Provider-A and a GigE link to provider-B.  Each GigE terminates on an
Extreme Summit 1i layer 2/3 switch. What I currently do is have each of
these units peer with internal BGP to a linux box running Zebra. I use it
to set the policies and aggregate everything into one single routing table
that I pass to a router just outside the firewall.  The effect there is
to provide that router with the best next hop for traffic so it goes to
the  router associated with the egress link without having to peer with
all  three of the routers. The linux box acts as a route server but is not
in the traffic path.

But enough of that ...

What I really need is a different kind of policing filter. Rather than one
that sets a maximum bandwidth, I need one where I can set a MINIMUM
bandwidth and something that will pull traffic from another queue to keep
it at that minumim

OR

A filter that can query ANOTHER queue's rate monitor and reclassify
traffic into that queue whenever the target queue's traffic rate is below
some configurable number.

It is probably going to involve writing something new. I really do not see
a way to do it yet with the pieces I see.  I am going to do some more
reading over the weekend and see what I can come up with before I start
hacking on stuff, I really hate reinventing wheels.