Re: [LARTC] Re: further CBQ/tc documentation ds9a.nl/lartc/manpages

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 09:38:33AM +0100, Martin Devera wrote:
> IMHO ingres queuing could be used as poor man's way how to reshape
> (or priorize) traffic which can't be shaped at egress side (usualy
> because of adminstrative boundaries). This need would vanish in
> presence of such classfull work conserving CBQ.

Please fill me in -- how could it ever not be possible to shape
egress traffic?  Or are you refering to the egress traffic of the
upstream to the machine whose ingress side you wish to modify?
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.     (Hosting, Security, Consultation, Database, etc)